Tom Tarchine is a Spanish teacher who travelled to South America and become steeped in the rich traditions of yerba mate, a coffee alternative widely consumed by the peoples of Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina and beyond. In this conversation with Tom we discuss:
- The history of yerba mate
- The vitamin and mineral profile of the drink
- The traditional method of preparing and consuming it
- Why people should try yerba mate as an alternative to coffee
- What to look for when buying it
You can learn more about yerba mate at goyerbamate.com and learn about Tom on his IG account @dubtronicist.
Terrain Theory episodes are not to be taken as medical advice. You are your own primary healthcare provider.
If you have a Terrain Transformation story you would like to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music by Chris Merenda