Dr. Jimani Blackwell is a dentist based in New Orleans who spent 10 years practicing traditional dentistry before transitioning to a holistic approach.
In our conversation with Dr. Blackwell we discuss:
- How holistic dentistry differs from traditional dentistry
- What a typical first-time patient experience looks like
- Why the tooth is really an organ
- The mouth-body connection and why it matters
- The problem with traditional orthodontics
- Why we need to be nasal breathing
- Fluoride as a definite no-no
Learn more about Dr. Blackwell at www.enlightendentalnola.com and on Instagram.
Terrain Theory episodes are not to be taken as medical advice. You are your own primary healthcare provider.
If you have a Terrain Transformation story you would like to share, email us at email@example.com.
Music by Chris Merenda